Field Test - Zoom H1 Noisy Fan

Since I am brand spanking new to the world off audio recording and acquisition I'm all over the web looking for other folks that know way more than I do. One great blog that I keep going back to is the Noise Jockey blog. Its a great blog because it covers the stuff that I need, like gear and techniques without going into alot of audio math and science. One of the cool things on this blog is that its author likes to record random industrial sounds. So I am basically lifting ideas from that source, and trying to do my own stuff. A few of the things I've learned. First, you gotta listen to the world around you, and secondly, the best recorder is the one you have with you. With those two things in mind I grab my Zoom H1 recorder and look for interesting sounds to record.

Zoom H1 Fan Test

This audio file is the noisy fan in my bathroom. I recorded it with the Zoom H1 and manipulated the files in Audacity modifying the pitch and adding compression.

Fan_tweak by Oranse

Comments

Popular Posts